Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Whirlpool HE low water washer won't finish cycle

QUESTION: Hello. We recently moved to a place that has a Whirlpool washer (model# WTW4950XWO)HE low water top loader that won't finish it's cycle. When we put it on any of the three complete cycles, the lid locks, senses clothes, run's it's wash and rinse cycles, drains water, but doesn't finish with a spin, but says it's done. I change the dial to "Drain and Spin", push start, it senses, then spins the rest of the water out just fine. How do I get it to do the final spin on the main cycle without having to switch it to drain and spin? Thank you in advance for your answer.

ANSWER: are you sure it is not spinning or is it just that there is still water left behind.   This is an important question, most times people are not watching it and make assumptions based on what they see when the washer is done.   Let me know, if you are unsure, it may be something stuck in your pump.  

QUESTION: When the main cycle is finished and the "done" light is on, I open the lid and the clothes are weighted with water and are not pressed against the wall. When I run it on "drain and spin" the clothes are lighter and pressed against the wall.

That is really odd....I have worked on quite a few of these over the last few years and never came across that scenario.  Do you have a voltage meter and know how to use it?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at