Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/American Standard Freedom 80 furnace

Question
photo of front of furnance
photo of front of furn  
I have an American Standard Freedom 80 furnace and A/C
It is an older model and I am trying to find the Model and Serial number, but I can't get the front access panel open. The newer models appear to have knobs, but my cover does not have knobs.
I hope by attaching a photo will allow you to assist me. I can't find a user manual because i don't know the model number.
Thank you so much for your generous time and assistance.

Answer
Hi Mary, This looks like a typical furnace. First I would check the outside, it looks like there is a sticker on the upper left side of the furnace.
Some have screws to secure the cover. Check for screws across the middle where the top and bottom covers meet. If you look just below the American standard sticker the is a hand grip, grab this and pull straight up. The model # should be on the inside of the cover.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.