Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Carrier blower motor

Ihave a Carrier Weathermaker split system in combinatin with a furnace. 58 MVP 100-20 furnace & a 38TXA AC system.    The blower motor is not working.  The serviceman wants to repalce the entire motor and fan cage system for $1000-1500.  Is this reasoanable?  Could it be the motor controller?  It's a 1 HP DC motor with and Electronic Motor controller.

Thanks for any help.

Bruce D.

It could be the motor controller, but I would have hoped the service man did his job right and determined the motor was bad.  Those motors are not cheap, and the price given sounds about right.  Keep in mind your unit came with a limited lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger and a 5 year warranty on the motor and other parts.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.