Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Carrier TECH 2000 SS

HI Craig,

My Carrier Tech 2000SS has been running fine, but today I noticed the air was warm coming out of the vents in the house. Everything seemed to be running in the basement but the outside unit was not running. I checked the outside unit and it was buzzing but the fan not moving. I came inside and turned off everything and now I'm hoping you can give me some advice. Money is tight and I can't afford to get an expert.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Jim W.

What in the unit was buzzing?  I am not sure if you meant he fan motor or what. Check all off the breakers, turn them off then back on. After it has been off for a while, it will cool down.  The best thing to do right now is to stand outside and watch the unit while someone inside turns the unit on.  Let me know what you see and/or hear.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.