Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Carrier TECH 2000 SS

Question
HI Craig,

My Carrier Tech 2000SS has been running fine, but today I noticed the air was warm coming out of the vents in the house. Everything seemed to be running in the basement but the outside unit was not running. I checked the outside unit and it was buzzing but the fan not moving. I came inside and turned off everything and now I'm hoping you can give me some advice. Money is tight and I can't afford to get an expert.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Jim W.

Answer
What in the unit was buzzing?  I am not sure if you meant he fan motor or what. Check all off the breakers, turn them off then back on. After it has been off for a while, it will cool down.  The best thing to do right now is to stand outside and watch the unit while someone inside turns the unit on.  Let me know what you see and/or hear.

Craig

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert