Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/changing evap coil

Question
QUESTION: I have a r22 system and I need to change the evap. coil. the Q. is which refrigerant is most compatible with an r22 system? and can R507a be used at all. This is for Residential HVAC application.

Thanks

ANSWER: R-507a is not a replacement for R-22 from what I can see.  There are many drop-in's for R-22.  Depending on the application, difference ones used.  Since you did not state what the application is for, I do not know which direction to tell you to head in. I get questions from those all over the world, and where you live could be a difference.

Craig  

QUESTION: I have a r22 system and I need to change the evap. coil. the Q. is which refrigerant is most compatible with an r22 system? can the system be flushed and which refrigerant replaces R22. for Residential HVAC application in GA, USA.

Thanks

Answer
NU-22B and R-438A, are both options for your system.  You try this link

http://catalogs.johnstonesupply.com/3783_john_204/full.asp?page=986

There are guides there for you to look at.  You might have to scroll through a few of the pages.  The best bet is to find a refrigerant that will work with mineral oil.

Craig

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert