Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Gas pack not cooling

We have a Goodman Gas pack (about 4 years old).  The fan outside is turning - but there is not air coming in the house.  What could be causing this?

Hi Donna, The gas pack you have has two fans. The one on top that you can see, is called the condenser fan. There is also a fan inside the unit that blows the air into the house. If the fan your talking about, that is running, is the top fan then you need to check the inside fan.

You could have a bad capacitor or bad fan motor. I will attach a picture of a capacitor.If you don't have a voltmeter,then the only way you can check this is to look at the cap and see if the top is popped up.

Let me know. Hope this helps.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!