Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/GE Fridge Icemaker inop

QUESTION: I have a GE fridge M/N TFX25QRVWW.  Several weeks ago, we had a major water leak from it.  Turned off the water, then we left on vacation for a couple of weeks.  We believe that the water came from an incompletely closed freezer door.  We turned the water back on, water comes out of the dispenser, but the icemaker doesn't produce any ice.  I have since read in the owners manual that it is harmful for the icemaker to be 'on' while the water is shut off.  What do I need to be looking for?

ANSWER: Do you have a voltage meter and know how to use it?  If not, lift up the cycling arm on the ice maker and it should lock into the up position.  This is off.  If you have a voltage meter, ohm out the ice maker solenoid  which is always the smallest water lined valve.  Let me know what this reading is...

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: OK, I have the plastic cover off the front of the icemaker.  There is now the gears exposed for the motor, but where are the solenoid leads?  I do know how to use a multimeter.

ANSWER: Sorry.....I am speaking of the water inlet valve at the rear of the refrigerator.  The valve your home water supply attaches to.  Please verify the model number again as it is not coming up as provided to us.  With this I can take a closer look at your unit for you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

QUESTION: The model number I gave you was erroneously recorded in the manual.  The correct model # isTFX25QRCBWW.  As for the valve, as I reported in my first post, the water dispenser is working, but the icemaker is not.  Is there another valve in that circuit I should check?  Thanks for your time.

Water Valve
Water Valve  
I have attached a picture for your convenience.  Water in the door is one half of the valve I have in the picture.  The ice maker is the other half.  Please ohm out the two terminals on the water inlet valve solenoid where the smallest water line comes out.  What is this reading?  Eric  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at http://www.affordableappliance.com for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at http://www.affordableappliance.com