Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Heat pump - electric furnace

Question
Hi, I have a 2-story 2000 sq foot (plus 1000 sq foot unfinished basement/garage) home with forced-air oil furnace and 10 SEER central A/C (both 15 seasons old).  Due to the SIGNIFICANTLY high cost of oil (paying $3000+ to heat our home each winter), I am looking at replacing A/C with a heat pump (13 or 14 SEER, or higher).  Also considering replacing the furnace with an electric furnace, which is the decision that is holding me from moving ahead.  I had been told over the years to avoid electric, but since oil has increased 6-fold! I believe electric is now in play.  Advice and/or recommendations on both, please.  Thanks!  John.

Answer
John,
I can't help you with your area, Utilities costs are different in the US.
I live in Colorado, nat. gas is the cheapest heating fuel, propane is second but twice the price, electric is about five times the price, oil is non existent in my area.
You need to call your utility company and ask what's the cheapest in your area.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart