Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/New central air unit

Question
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I am trying to decide if I need to call the company that installed my ac/furnace or not.

We are experiencing high temps right now in the 90's with humidity of anywhere from 60-80%.  I have my ac set at 69 and it has been running perfectly. Yesterday, it stormed and I shut the ac off because of the lightning. When I restarted it, the thermostat said the house was 73. My ac unit ran for 3 hours straight!  I realized it and and adjusted the thermostat up to 70, which is what it said the house was so that it would shut off. I went down to my basement to do some laundry and noticed a small amount of water had dripped out of the bottom of the furnace unit onto the floor. (The condenser pump is working and draining the water into the sink)  

I left the thermostat at 70 and it ran normally all night and the water dried up in the basement. This morning I turned the ac back down to 69 (the house was already at 70). It ran for about 40 minutes, the thermostat said 69, but it didn't shut off. I then turned it back to 70 and it shut off normally, because I had to leave.

I guess I am just wondering with the extreme heat and humidity if this might be normal. I have never had central air before. My system is only about 6 months old.

Thank you so much for your time and advice.

Answer
Sheila,

Me personally I would use 70 degree as a good low temperature set point to run your system, On very hot days it may have trouble getting to 69 before it shuts off. You should have gotten at a minimum a one year labor warranty from the Installing Contractor. If you have persistence problem with water on the furnace floor I would call them before your labor warranty runs out. Other than possible a yearly or every other year blowing out your drain line to keep condensate water from overflowing on your furnace electrical controls and changing the air filter regularly you should be OK.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe