Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/central air unit frozen .

Question
hi. my central air unit freezes up. so the guy put a water pump on it and it stopped for a couple of days but, now it's frozen back up. I use to hear the blower in the inside unit come on but now I don't hear it and now the blower isn't blowing . and when I take the door of the blower part it blows a little better. PLEASE PLEASE HELP! KIDS HAVE ASTHMA SO THEY ARE MISEAREABLE! THNKS IN ADVANCE!

Answer
There are a few things that can cause a unit to freeze up.  One common problem is air flow.  Common causes for poor air flow are dirty filters and a fan motor that is not working properly.  The other common issue is the system is low on refrigerant. These are not the only things, but the more common ones.  You can start by checking the filter and making sure there is nothing blocking air flow to or from the unit.

Craig

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert