Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Refrigerator Freon Restriction

My 13yr.old Frigidare side by side started melting frozen food the other day I removed food and took panel to evaporator coil off & found no frost on coils except where cap tube joins evap. figured sealed system had a freon leak. but after starting to shop for a new frig. a day later the temp went back down to 12degrees & evap.coil is evenly frosted again. So can I safely assume this is a restriction & how could I cure it ? I am an HVAC guy by trade but not familiar with Refrigerator restrictions. I do have torch, R-12, vaccume, recovery mach, if needed......With one income and kids in colledge I would love not to buy a New frig.@ $1k and have the sticktuitiveness to get it repaired with a bit of advice to put me on the path to the correct repair.   Can you HELP ME PLEASE ?     Allen

Normally we evacutate the system....blow the entire system out with nitrogen.  Next install a filter dryer and then vacuum down to at least a 30 inch vacuum.  Next charge to factory specs with the factory specifed charge (can be found on the model number/serial number id plate).  Once satisfied charge is perfect, can off the process tube and Alas....you are finished...    

Good Luck, Eric

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at http://www.affordableappliance.com for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at http://www.affordableappliance.com