Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/SAMSUNG American style Fridge Freezer

Hello, we have a Samsung RSG5DURS Fridge Freezer which broke down within the first year.  The temperature display was indicating that the appliance was working correctly but it obviously wasn't because all the food had defrosted. Once switched off and turned on again the temperature display showed the real temperature.  The engineer replaced the PCB and compressor and all was well for another 2 years but the same thing has happened again.  The engineer has fitted another PCB and compressor but we are concerned that there may be an underlying fault causing the compressors to fail.  Is it reasonable for an appliance to need 3 compressors in as many years?
Thank you.

No it is not.  Without really knowing what is going on with the originals....  Was it the same company that installed all three units at the same time?  Quite frankly, I have been servicing 37 years now and have never replaced a control board and a compressor at the same time.  Samsung is not one of my brand of choice.  I don't even work on many simply because of the availability of the parts...  Good Luck, Eric  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at