Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/SAMSUNG American style Fridge Freezer

Question
Hello, we have a Samsung RSG5DURS Fridge Freezer which broke down within the first year.  The temperature display was indicating that the appliance was working correctly but it obviously wasn't because all the food had defrosted. Once switched off and turned on again the temperature display showed the real temperature.  The engineer replaced the PCB and compressor and all was well for another 2 years but the same thing has happened again.  The engineer has fitted another PCB and compressor but we are concerned that there may be an underlying fault causing the compressors to fail.  Is it reasonable for an appliance to need 3 compressors in as many years?
Thank you.

Answer
No it is not.  Without really knowing what is going on with the originals....  Was it the same company that installed all three units at the same time?  Quite frankly, I have been servicing 37 years now and have never replaced a control board and a compressor at the same time.  Samsung is not one of my brand of choice.  I don't even work on many simply because of the availability of the parts...  Good Luck, Eric  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion