Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Ac unit

Question
I have 2 units and one is froze up and other one is working just fine.
I turned off the frozen one, and turned just the fan on, but now the fan on the unit is not running.  Is this normal?
The unit was working fine earlier this morning.

Answer
Troy,
 The fan not working is why the unit froze up.  The only difference between an air conditioner and an ice maker is air flow.  It is almost always the fan motor itself and I assume it is not a brand new unit, so it will be a split capacitor 4 speed motor, cost is between $350 to $450 depending on the size. It is possible for the fan switch on the control board to be bad or a burnt wire, but a service call will be needed to find out.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

john t. borgman