Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/filters

Question
I am thinking of buying a permanent style filter for my heating, a/c unit. Are these filters worth it? What type or brands are best? Size is 20x20. Thank You...

Answer
Russ,
My opinion:
I don't know how difficult it is to change your filter but,
the best thing I know is to buy a case of fiber glass throw away  20x20x1 filters for about $1 or less $12 a year.
Change the filter every thirty days.
The fiber glass filters have a fine coat of oil on the inlet side (reason for the air flow arrow) if you change the cheap  filter every thirty days you'll save more on your fuel and electric bill then you will on a permanent filter.
The oil coating is good for 30 days but will dry up after that and let fine dirt and dust through.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart