Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Furnace

My furnace is making a loud vibration noise that goes on and off when I flipped the heater switch on this year. I can feel a little heat coming from the vents but its not blowing. Do you know what could be causing this and how I can fix it?

It is hard to determine what exactly it could be.  Based on your question, I would lean towards a blower that is not working.  You can try and see if the blower will come on if you set the t-stat to off, then turn the fan to on.  I might even hear the noise while doing so.  If the fan does not come on, then the fan issue is going to have to be repaired.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.