Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Oil furnace-Summer winter hook-up

Do not see oil hot water furnace questions from previous questions but will try anyway. I have a older York oil furnace with beckett heat manager installed and new blue angel burner. The problem me and my wife are having is in the summer we have plenty hot water for wash and baths, but in winter we lose the hot water quickly when house is being heated. We turn thermostat up to try and compensate with little help. I also turned off  heat manager and still no help. Would appreciate any suggestions you could come up with?Thank you Doug

with no more info than that, I assume this has always been an issue, so it would go to the original design, or lack of.  Without knowing the sizing, again just assuming that it was at least close to correct.  
 But, never the less, it is what it is and you need a fix.  The simple answer is a heat sink for the high demand times.  Basically a well insulated 100 to 300 gallon water tank, that holds heated water during the temperature needs dictated by the weather.
 The oil furnace only cycles when a sensor in the tank, drops and it only runs a little bit to maintain the temperature of the tank.  When a water demand is called for, the heat sink has all the water ( that is if sized correctly )that will be needed by the owner and the furnace becomes more efficient, not having to battle the hot water in the dishwasher.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

john t. borgman

I am in Portland Oregon at Ben's heating 503-233-1779. I work days, so I can only answer early in the day or later in the evening. I only answer public questions for residential equipment. I am very well versed in gas, electric and heat pumps and will only answer residential applications. I have been known the past decade or so, by my employers as the guy you send when no one can figure it out. Trouble shooting is my special. I understand the physics behind air flow, refrigerants and electricity. I understand programmable t-stats, zone controls, economizers, fossil fuel kits and the engineering thought process in the wiring and construction of residential equipment

I was lucky enough to start in this field almost 30 years ago as an installer, for a company that installed the best duct systems I have ever seen, even to this day. The best ,as far as understanding the way air really flows through a duct system, from the return air to the very last supply register . They also had great pride and the duct work was put in, not only to last 50 years, but to look exceptional. Then as I started doing service work, I was again fortunate that I found a 3 year engineering class being put on be a man that was the educational director for the Entire united states for a society called " the Refrigeration Service Engineering Society " And for the next 3 years I schooled at night and practiced what I learned during the day, a great advantage over schooling and then trying to remember it years later.. Versed in duct design manual J heat gain/loss calculations.

Refrigeration Service Engineer's Society

I have 2 inventions that have gone through the process and been recorded at the National Institute of Standards and Technology from start to finish and thus been invited to national innovation workshops by the dept. of Commerce and the dept. of Energy. They are waste heat recovery devices that N.I.S.T approved as valid and am currently looking for marketing partners to get this product into the hands of consumers and make a BIG difference in Energy savings for every Household and Eatery and take a big bite in the the peak hours power consumption that face our Utilities companies.

factory training in Lennox ,Rheem, Ruud ,Trane, Tempstar ,Carrier, Day&Night, Payne, Bryant, Coleman, Intertherm, York, Goodman, Ultra boilers, Unico, Mitsubishi,Sanyo, Taylor, Nicewonger, Navien. Associates degree in Refrigeration Engineering. Certified with Energy Department, Check-me Program, P.T.C.S (performance tested comfort systems ), have N.A.T.E. certifications in gas, a/c & heat pump.