Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Whirlpool water dispenser not working

Hi Eric,

The water dispenser in our Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator (serial # ED2VHEXVB01) just stopped working today.  It was working this morning and then stopped the last time I tried to get some water.  Basically nothing happens at all, not a drop of water.  The filter is about halfway thru a normal cycle and I tried removing it and putting it back.  The ice dispenser does work.  I also checked the water lines and there doesn't appear to be an issue.

Do you have any ideas on what the issue could be?

Thank you very much,
Kevin V.

There is a water inlet valve located on the rear of your unit that your home water supply attaches to.  This inlet valve has two solenoids on it.  One is for the water in the door and the other is for the ice maker.  The water in the door is the larger of the two different sized water lines.   If you have a voltage meter and know how to use one, let me know and I will instruct further.....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at