Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/AC question

Question
I recently purchased the HoneyWell WIFI Thermostat but found out the the C wire is not connected in the Rheem  AC (RCBA 365A517 as a result no power is going to the Thermostat

How do I connect this wire in the AC unit

I can see the wire at the AC end. Its cut short almost hidden in the brown cable that comes form the current thermostat

Thanks

Answer
The C wire is common / neutral.  The C wire connects to a bare metal surface in the air handler, or to the terminal on the transformer that is also going to bare metal.  The other end then connects to C on the back of the new t-stat.  Hopefully you have enough wire to make it work, otherwise you might need a small piece to make it reach.

Craig

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert