Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Gas furnace pilot light

Question
Hello,
the pilot light on my gas furnace (steam heat)shuts off about every 1-2 hours.
the plumber replaced the thermo couple & the valve. but still no change.
what could it be?
thanks

Nat

Answer
This is highly indicative of a cracked exchanger which can allow the pilot to blow out. It may not be and this would be the worst case scenario, but the exchanger needs to be checked by an HVAC technician. The parts the plumber replaced are common on plumbing appliances also, but the exchanger needs to be checked by an HVAC technician. He also needs to inspect the vent for any problems. Thanks J

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

J Cook