Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/HVAC UNIT

Question
Joe,
I have a HUD house that was built in the early 70's in Northwest Ohio. It is built on a slab. The house came with baseboard heating which at that time was somewhat cost effective. Now these units are not cost effective or efficient. I think I have three options which will really solve my problem. 1. The wall mounted HVAC units. My son who is a HVAC contractor with 25 years experience says that on the whole that these units are a waste of money and require maintenance on a frequent basis. 2. Some of the other houses in the community have added some other type of unit. It is located at the end of the house that has no windows, and goes up the side of the house. I believe it does that because the unit is at the base. The heat goes up through duct work to the attic (which is open across the top of the house) to duct work that runs through the center and then has ducts running off the center of each room, with a vent in the ceiling. #3 Yeah you got it. Is to buy new heat efficient (?) base boards and install them. I am 74 so an investment that is going to pay off in the long run is really not an option. I have attempted to find on the internet the outside unit I described without success. My son is too busy making money on other jobs to do this, so that's why I'm asking you. Thanks in advance. Dan Martin

Answer
Daniel,

I do not know what type of heat you have , all electric baseboard ? If so new all electric baseboard is not anymore efficient and still very expensive. If the other homes in your area went with a warm air system with ductwork in the attic ,guessing they went with propane gas or they brought in natural gas to your area.If you have propane / natural gas as a option I would go with a ducted ( in the attic )  condensing 92% - 98% Gas condensing furnace in a closet. Or a packaged one piece 80 % +  gas  & A/C unit mounted outdoor hooked up to ductwork.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe