Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Range hood vent

Question
Getting cold air in the range hood very despite backdraft damper . Do you think I could direct the vent into a sealed box that has charcoal in it ? Similar to an apartment dryer box vent that is not vented to the outside.
I would probably have an Oder catching area of charcoal then a vented area. There is not much heat heat from daycore downdraft range vent that I have , seems I could do this safely.

Answer
Robert,
     On newer above the range residential exhaust hoods there usually is an option to re circulate the exhaust back into room . Check installation manual or Google your exhaust hood  model to see if that is an option for you . I would not recommend altering the unit unless it is designed to do so . http://www.airzero.com
         Marcus

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Marcus Cass