Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Did not flush out R22

I recently had an in and out side 410a 4 ton ac installed. No flushing was done and original copper lines were used going upstairs to the inside unit. Has the damage from not flushing the old r22 out already been done or can the system be flushed and the 410a be recharged? The system is working fine.

Sorry for the delay, for some reason this service is not sending me emails.

The issue is not the refrigerant, but the oil left in the lines.  Given the fact the lines you have go upstairs, gravity would cause the oil to flow back down to the old condensing unit outside.  It is hard for me to say if there is any damage to the system, or if there ever will be.  It may not be the best thing, but I have heard of those that only flush under certain conditions, and have not had any problems otherwise.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.