Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Furnace

Question
I have a Payne furnace #PG8JAA/MAA.When I turn the thermostat on, I hear the click and the blower blows for about 90 seconds. Then the electronic igniter starts to turn but nothing happens. It spins for about 90 seconds. Theres a red light that flashes a code 12 first then a code 31

Answer
Hi Dave, The code 31 indicates the pressure switch is not closing. But your description tells me that's not correct. Does the igniter glow yellow? Make sure the gas valve inside the furnace is in the ON position. Do you smell any gas when it tries to start? If you have a voltmeter we can test the gas valve.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.