Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Furnace Repair or Replace

I received a cold call yesterday offering me a $39 annual furnace maintenance package (and duct cleaning.)  I don't want to open myself up to a hard sell on a huge repair that my furnace may need and I have a feeling I really should just replace it.

I live on the southern CA coast, the furnace is 20 years old and has not had an annual maintenance for at least the 10 years, that I know of.  It is not used much more than from Jan to April.  It has performed reliably in the past though there is one room at the far end of the house that does not get heated very efficiently.

Rather than pay for the maintenance package, would I be better off just asking for an estimate to replace the unit?

Most contractors will deduct the cost of the maintainence call from
the cost of a new furnace. I would go ahead and schedule the call with them on the condition that
the trip charge is deducted in the event that you purchase new equipment.

If they refuse, there are plenty of reputable contractors that are willing to  call
on you under those conditions.

Good luck!

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Chuck Best

I can answer most fundamental questions about Air Conditioning and how it works. I can give advice on different services in the DFW area, as well as lend some advice as to pricing systems along with solid opinions as to quality equipment versus sub-standard equipment. I can help educate consumers with regards as to what to look for in a service company, as well as steps they can & should take when considering repairing vs replacing their A/C equipment.

I was the Sr. Sales Technician for one of the most well-established HVAC (residential) companies in DFW for over 5 years. I then became the Dallas Team Leader for another well-established DFW company based out of Ft. Worth. Became the Sales Manager for an area A/C business most recently.

I have written content for several area HVAC (residential) businesses with respect to their Sales Policy manuals. I personally wrote the Sales Training Manual for a well-established DFW area HVAC company.

BS Univ of NM 1985

Million Dollar Sales Club; 2009, 2010, 2010, 2011, 2012