Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Gas Furnace Maintenance and Chimney Inspection

Question
It has been over 7 years since we had anyone check our chimney. We have a gas furnace and steam heat (not forced air).
Is there a need to have the chimney checked or is that only for coal furnaces and for fireplaces?
is there value in a yearly 'furnace tuneup' or is that as meaningless as a tuneup in today's cars?

Answer
Hi Harry, Check to see if you have a chimney liner or if the furnace vents directly in to the chimney. On a gas furnace you won't see build up like you would on a fireplace. If you have a liner I think your OK.

I think a yearly tune up would be over kill. Maybe every 3 years.

Hope this helps.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.