Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Gas Furnace Transformer Replacement

Question
I have a very old gas furnace. The transformer has blown. Where the furnace is so old no one has the transformer that is the original. I went to a local store and they sold me a class 2 transformer. the numbers that I got off the transformer were: 90-T40z input 120v output 24v class 2yfir 60 hz blk wth. The problem I am having is the new transformer has 4 wires that can be hooked up nd the old transformer has five wires that are hooked up and not to mention they are wrapped around screws. How can the knew transformer be hooked up properly.

Answer
Trans
Trans  

trans
trans  
Hi Tammy, You don't have to have a exact replacement as the original. Your new one is a 40VA transformer, which is the correct size. There are two types of transformers, single and duel. On the duel you can hook up 120V or 230V. The transformer you bought is for 120V input. We will have determine if your furnace is 120V. Send me the make and model number of your furnace.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.