Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Thermostat Not Working

It's me again, it seems hitting the reset button was a temporary fix. The furnace will stay on for awhile, and then it shuts off. What am I looking at here, replacing a part? Is this going to be an expensive repair?

Thank you,

ANSWER: Hey Sharon, I was hoping this was a one time trip. Did you verify that the roll out switch tripped again?

It's hard to tell what the cost would be without knowing what's wrong. If it was the roll out again, check the vent pipes outside for a blockage.

Let me know.

Well, the thermostat was displaying a temperature and when the furnace cut off the thermostat stopped as well.  Where would I look for the vents outdoors? Should  I check near the central air unit, there are two white pipes near the central air unit. I'll dig around and see what I can find.

Good Afternoon Sharon, I think your on the right track. There should be two pipes coming out of the house.

Losing the stat display is going to send us in a different direction.

I have to go on a service call now, so I will get back to you ASAP. JIM

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!