Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Furnace fan runs high speed on HEAT

Thermostat 2
Thermostat 2  
Recently, a company installed a new A/C and thermometer on my electric furnace. The thermometer has a whole list of options and after checking them, I think it's set OK for "Electric" and not "GAS". All the wiring looks correct. But when the furnace first calls for HEAT a LOW Speed fan noise is heard. Then it kicks in to High speed until the thermostat is satisfied. Then, it goes in to Low speed for a short time and shuts off.
The instructions for the stat show a wiring correction for hookups to an electric furnace, that specify, "Blower/circulator fan energized on call for Cool (and heat if configured for Electric Heat) My concern is... 1. the noise of high speed is annoying 2. if I wire 2 reds together off of the relay and the furnace runs Low speed at both connections, would there be an Overheating , dangerous situation ? Coleman electric furnace model eb15d . White-Rogers  Type No. 1F85-0477  Thermostat

Thank you for your request.  Unfortunately our expertise is with Major Home Appliances only.  This site puts Home Refrigeration and HVAC in the same catagory.  This would include washers, dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, dishwasher, ranges and ovens.  If you need help with any of these appliances, feel free to submit another request.  For your problem, please request assistance from a AllExpert with experience in the HVAC service field.  If you ever need assistance with Major Home Appliances feel free to come back and initiate another request.  Visit our Website at or email us directly at

Thank You for your request,
Eric & Ann Campion

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at