Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/HVAC SYSTEM

I am replacing my gas furnace and AC unit.  I have 3 quotes.
Amana system is a lot more and the York and Carrier are almost the same.  All the installation companies rated A+ by BBB.  I can't find anywhere that gives me a comparison of the two.  Does one have an advantage over the other?

My strong reccomendation here is to go back to whoever quoted you the Amana
price, and ask for a quote on a Goodman unit. Goodman is the private label manufacturer
for Amana, so you would be getting the same unit without paying a premium
for the "Amana" label!

Don'tbe disuaded by any contractor or salesman, the Goodman unit is the same as the Amana, it
even comes from the same factory in Houston (I know because I've been there and havr seen it with my own eyes). The quality will be the same; the price will be much less expensive.

If the contractor says he's not a Goodman dealer, go online to the Goodman website
and find one....it will be worth it.

Good luck!

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Chuck Best

I can answer most fundamental questions about Air Conditioning and how it works. I can give advice on different services in the DFW area, as well as lend some advice as to pricing systems along with solid opinions as to quality equipment versus sub-standard equipment. I can help educate consumers with regards as to what to look for in a service company, as well as steps they can & should take when considering repairing vs replacing their A/C equipment.

I was the Sr. Sales Technician for one of the most well-established HVAC (residential) companies in DFW for over 5 years. I then became the Dallas Team Leader for another well-established DFW company based out of Ft. Worth. Became the Sales Manager for an area A/C business most recently.

I have written content for several area HVAC (residential) businesses with respect to their Sales Policy manuals. I personally wrote the Sales Training Manual for a well-established DFW area HVAC company.

BS Univ of NM 1985

Million Dollar Sales Club; 2009, 2010, 2010, 2011, 2012