Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/trane heat pump thermostat won't work

Question
Hello,

We have two units in our house. The downstairs is a trane heat pump and the thermastat may be a trane XL800, I'm not sure. Last night one of my kids turned up the heat from 68 to 89 degrees. (no one will confess) This morning the aux or emer heat was running and would not shut off. I turned the unit off using the system options. Now it won't turn back on. I had to go to work and I just checked with the kids and the system buttons still won't respond but the backlight comes on. Please help.

Answer
Jennifer,

You may want to replace the three AAA batteries for starters below is a troubleshooting guide page 47 48 is a general Q & A . Says

Q: Some or all keys on the display do not work; why?
A: Comfort control screen is locked. See Advanced Setting section to unlock keys on the screen

Q : Why doesn’t the comfort control respond when I touch the keys?
A: Check to determine if the screen is in the Locked or Clean mode. See Screen Locked or Cleaning in Comfort Control Screen section.

Trane XL800 Deluxe Programmable Thermostat - Bay Area Services
www.bayareaservice.com › Trane Products › Trane Thermostats
Trane deluxe programmable thermostats put comfort in your hands. Full of features, you can set it and forget it, or manage your home manually.

There are literally hundreds of thermostats out there , unfortunately I only deal with a handful and not  familiar  with this model.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe