Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/dehumidification

Question
I have been told that I can place my dehumidifier anywhere in the house, and it will be effective in both the main floor as well as the basement.  Furthermore, it would also work in my enclosed furnace room. (which is not weather sealed)  I am mostly concerned with maintaining an appropriate level of humidity in the basement. What is your thinking on this subject?

Answer
Rudy,

If your mainly concerned about humidly levels in the basement  that's where I would install it , certainly you can try to install in furnace room and monitor it as your room can't be air tight as you  would need primary air for combustion  ( not being weather sealed )  I do not know what else to say on the subject. Of the two places I would have it outside the furnace room.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe