Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/dehumidification

I have been told that I can place my dehumidifier anywhere in the house, and it will be effective in both the main floor as well as the basement.  Furthermore, it would also work in my enclosed furnace room. (which is not weather sealed)  I am mostly concerned with maintaining an appropriate level of humidity in the basement. What is your thinking on this subject?

If your mainly concerned about humidly levels in the basement  that's where I would install it , certainly you can try to install in furnace room and monitor it as your room can't be air tight as you  would need primary air for combustion  ( not being weather sealed )  I do not know what else to say on the subject. Of the two places I would have it outside the furnace room.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

40+ years diversified experience.An HVAC/Refrigeration Self Employed Contractor since 1986. NATE Certifield. Answer questions pertaining to Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning , Warm Air Heating, Heat Pump systems.Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting of these systems.Be as detailed as possible when describing problem.Packaged unit or split systems.No appliance questions.

Installation and Troubleshooting, Mechanical and Electrical, in following areas, Refrigeration ( Walk In and Reach In Coolers and Freezers ) Commercial Roof Top and Packaged Heating/Cooling ( Natural Gas,Propane, Electric, and Heat Pumps ) Computer Room Air Conditoning Systems,Commercial Residential Packaged and Split Systems Air Conditoning and Heat Pumps.Warm Air Oil , Natural and Propane Gas Heating systems.

Graduated from Private Technical School in 1975. An HVAC/Refrigeration Contractor . Have Unlimited Heating/Piping and Cooling Contractor License.Limited Sheetmetal Contractors License.NATE Certifield. York Certifield Master Heat Pump Technician 1986. Served 33 years combination Active Duty Air Force , Air Force Reserves and Air National Guard in the HVAC/Refrigeration Shop/Mechanical Shop. Troubleshooting/Installing HVAC/Refrigeration Equiptment Worldwide. Retiring in 2003 as a Senior NCO ,and a Mechanical Superintendent.