Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Dismantle a Montgomery Ward Chest Freezer

Is it possible to take apart a chest freezer to check the condenser coils and clean if needed? It is an old Montgomery Ward model FFT-8529-00B. It only cools to a minimum of 20 degrees Fahrenheit on the coldest setting.  Frost on inside of freezer - right rear.  I would like to see if there is anything in the condenser coils that may be causing this issue, but can't see any way to take it apart.

No there is not.  Since the unit is so old, it most likely corroded within the walls of the freezer and created a hole in the freon line smaller than a hair and as a result, it is leaking freon.  Time to put your money into a 21st century freezer.  I would not trust that unit with my food anymore.  Just my opinion....   Good Luck with your decision.  

Have a Happy Holiday Season....
Eric Campion

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at