Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Electric Furnace

I have a Trane model number TWE037E13FB1 electric furnace and a Trane model ? heat pump. My wife & I bought the house to retire in, so we don't live there yet. I noticed the heat pump outside iced up when I turn the temp down to 60. Is that normal? Higher the temp, the less ice. Now the system is completely dead.
No display on themostat either. The repair man is spose to come today.Hope its not to expensive.

Hi Steve, when it's say about 40* outside it is normal to see frost on the outside coil. That being said if you turned the stat to 60* and THEN the coil iced up, that's not normal.Did you see frost first and then turned the stat to 60*?

IF you lost stat display go to the furnace and remove the blower cover ( bottom ). There should be a control board with a fuse. It will most likely be purple and look like a car fuse.

Let me know what you find.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!