Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/outside blower motor not coming on automatically

My outside blower motor will not come on unless I hold the contactor switch in manually.  The switch does not stay engaged or on and of course blower motor does not stay on.  Does that indicate the contactor is bad? AC blows cold and heat works as well. Please advise. Thanks John

J P ,

Outside blower motor would indicate you have a packaged one piece unit . What contactor are you talking about ,the blower relay or the compressor contractor ? . If you put the fan switch at the thermostat to on the indoor blower should run 24/7 . Again I do not know exactly what your asking. Is this a Heat Pump ? You would need to have a meter to check to see if you have low voltage at the contactor coil to determine if it's bad or just lack of voltage at the coil

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

40+ years diversified experience.An HVAC/Refrigeration Self Employed Contractor since 1986. NATE Certifield. Answer questions pertaining to Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning , Warm Air Heating, Heat Pump systems.Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting of these systems.Be as detailed as possible when describing problem.Packaged unit or split systems.No appliance questions.

Installation and Troubleshooting, Mechanical and Electrical, in following areas, Refrigeration ( Walk In and Reach In Coolers and Freezers ) Commercial Roof Top and Packaged Heating/Cooling ( Natural Gas,Propane, Electric, and Heat Pumps ) Computer Room Air Conditoning Systems,Commercial Residential Packaged and Split Systems Air Conditoning and Heat Pumps.Warm Air Oil , Natural and Propane Gas Heating systems.

Graduated from Private Technical School in 1975. An HVAC/Refrigeration Contractor . Have Unlimited Heating/Piping and Cooling Contractor License.Limited Sheetmetal Contractors License.NATE Certifield. York Certifield Master Heat Pump Technician 1986. Served 33 years combination Active Duty Air Force , Air Force Reserves and Air National Guard in the HVAC/Refrigeration Shop/Mechanical Shop. Troubleshooting/Installing HVAC/Refrigeration Equiptment Worldwide. Retiring in 2003 as a Senior NCO ,and a Mechanical Superintendent.