Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/split system heat pump

Joe, i have 2 split systems. When I select reg heat on either system , they go directly to e heat. Suggestions?

New systems? Existing systems ? New thermostats ?   It's not unusual for the electric heat to come on when the second stage calls. If  you select regular heat ,and the outdoor unit heat pump shuts off and you run all electric ,to me something is miss wired OR you may have an outdoor sensor that is shutting off your HP below a predetermined setting and running all electric google your thermostat to see if it has that feature. Have you changed the thermostats on both units ? When did this start ? Was it working OK before , need more info. What I would do is remove all the wires at one tstat ( marking them ) then jump only R to G , your blower fan only should run if so then connect the O wire ,the only thing that should run is your blower fan and reversing valve coil . If so then hook up the Y wire ,you should be running in A/C mode only ,no emergency. Heat . Then if all is OK remove the O wire , the reversing valve should deenergise and you should be in heat pump heat mode . Most manufactures energise the reversing value in cooling , some energies in heat , I believe Rheem /RUUD energies in heat . Also if you have a common wire C , Trane may call it B , do not hook to R wire or you will burn out the transformer.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

40+ years diversified experience.An HVAC/Refrigeration Self Employed Contractor since 1986. NATE Certifield. Answer questions pertaining to Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning , Warm Air Heating, Heat Pump systems.Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting of these systems.Be as detailed as possible when describing problem.Packaged unit or split systems.No appliance questions.

Installation and Troubleshooting, Mechanical and Electrical, in following areas, Refrigeration ( Walk In and Reach In Coolers and Freezers ) Commercial Roof Top and Packaged Heating/Cooling ( Natural Gas,Propane, Electric, and Heat Pumps ) Computer Room Air Conditoning Systems,Commercial Residential Packaged and Split Systems Air Conditoning and Heat Pumps.Warm Air Oil , Natural and Propane Gas Heating systems.

Graduated from Private Technical School in 1975. An HVAC/Refrigeration Contractor . Have Unlimited Heating/Piping and Cooling Contractor License.Limited Sheetmetal Contractors License.NATE Certifield. York Certifield Master Heat Pump Technician 1986. Served 33 years combination Active Duty Air Force , Air Force Reserves and Air National Guard in the HVAC/Refrigeration Shop/Mechanical Shop. Troubleshooting/Installing HVAC/Refrigeration Equiptment Worldwide. Retiring in 2003 as a Senior NCO ,and a Mechanical Superintendent.