Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Replacing temperature control

kdgrayson wrote at 2014-02-27 05:41:15
If the freezer section makes ice and the ice is dry then there is no issue with the refrigeration system, I include the thermostat in that as well. The freezer is what cools the refrigerator box unless you have 2 evaporators which is not common. What controls the refrigerators section temperature is the dial that will not turn the compressor on or off that being the thermostat, usually a 1-10 or similar setting on a dial  10 being coldest.

The other dial I speak of also says colder on it, however it means colder freezer which throws everyone off.

What is typical is people peg them both fully cold and starve the refrigerator section, set the dial to warmer  which will actually make the freezer warmer but the refrigerator section cooler.  The thermostat actually controls the freezer box and the by product air that is allowed to migrate into the refrigerator section is what cools  the reefer box,  set both to middle and it should be good, as long as ice is dry!

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at http://www.affordableappliance.com for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at http://www.affordableappliance.com