Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Furnace

Question
My furnace continues to push out heat after the room gets to temp. The fan shuts off, yet hot air is still coming from the ducts.  I have turned it on fan so its blowing all the time, and its fine there, but as soon as i put it back to heat its does it again

Answer
Hi Nolan, Its sounds like the gas valve is not working right. Try setting the fan to the auto position and rise the setpoint so the furnace starts. Then turn the stat back so the furnace stops. Then check the furnace to see if the burners are still on. If you have a voltmeter  check the voltage at the gas valve. If you have 24v then the module is bad. If you have 0 volts then the valve is bad.  

I hope this helps.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.