Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Furnace acting up

Question
Furnace
Furnace  
As of late my heat hasn't been working correctly. There is only 1 thermostat (living room downstairs) and its always set to 62 day/night. Monday i woke up and it was 58 and the heat was not running. I made sure it was set to 62, then went to the basement and checked the furnace. I noticed a ticking noise coming from the TACO Cartridge Circulator (007-F4) but nothing else was running. I sat and watched for 5-10 minutes and witnessed the noise stop, then about 5-10 seconds later the furnace fired up and looked like it was running normal. I went upstairs and about 15-20 minutes later noticed it again wasn't running. Went downstairs and it was doing the same thing. This time i flipped the power switch for the entire setup and let it sit for 30 seconds then switched back on. It continued to make noise from TACO Circ then came on again. Its been doing this since then and i can't figure out how to fix it. Please help.

I live in a 2 story Colonial thats about 1200 sq/ft
1 heating zone only (thermomistat)
The boiler is a Burnham V-73-T
The burner is a Beckett AFG

Answer
Boilers are just not my thing, but you can start with the basics.  The noise from the pump could be due to a lack of water.  I know it sounds funny, but verify the system is full of water.  It is also possible the pump is not working.  Check the amp draw and compare to nameplate.  Low amp draw could indicate a pump that is not working correctly.      The boiler may be shutting down on high temp due to water flow issues.  You should watch the temp rise on the thermometer mounted on the front of the unit.  

Craig

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert