Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/furnace issue

Question
About 4 months ago we had to call someone in to fix our furnace. It wouldnt blow out any heat and only kick on if I turned the whole system off and on again manually.  They ended up changing the motherboard.  Now it's starting to do the same exact thing. Only this time it seems to happen at night and ends up kicking on again after about 4-5 hours.  I feel like even if I did call someone, they wouldn't be able to tell the problem because it's working just fine at the moment.  What should we do?

Answer
HI Jessica, This kind of problem is very frustrating for the homeowner and the service tech. I was on a call two weeks ago with same problem. I cycled the furnace twenty times and couldn't get it to fail. At this point I had two options, start changing out parts or have the customer help me diagnose the problem. If you can get me the model number on the furnace I can give you check list. Next time the furnace fails you can use it.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.