Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Refrigerator

About one month ago water dripping inside our Whirlpool refrigerator.
The service man said that a drain was clogged and he defrosted and cleared the clog.  Now, a month later I notice another problem that is similar but not the same.  Water is condensing inside the fridge.  It does not appear to be dripping from the freezer unit as was the case before.  I tried a colder setting and that seems to have reduced the accumulated moisture.  What is the problem and what should I do?  The fridge is about ten years old.  Is it time to replace it?

Thanks for your help.

Hello John,
         Is moisture condensing on the walls of fridge and pooling on the bottom? If that is the case it can only be a bad door seal (allows air infiltration) . The moisture in the air ( humidity ) will condense on the cold surface because its below dew point . You setting the temp colder should actually make it worse . If your fridge is holding temp , I think is would be worth the expense to repair. Hope this helps http://www.airzero.com/commercial-services/refrigeration-equipment-service/     

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Marcus Cass

I can answer question regarding small refrigeration units ,walk in cooler/freezer,commercial ice machines,exhaust hoods,supermarket rack systems,all residential air conditioning units and commercial air conditioning equipment. No appliance questions please

20 years plus experience in supermarket chains , restaurant refrigeration service , and residential and commercial air conditioning service. Florida class A air conditioning contractor. Currently own an air condition and refrigeration company.

Graduated trade school , hundreds of hours of manufacturer training as well as in house training over the years and best of all - hands on real world experience . Class A license holder in Florida