Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Replacing refrigerator temperature control

Question
Due to the fact that my refrigerator is always too warm or too cold
,regardless of how much I fiddle with the control,I have decided to replace the temperature control.The problem is that is is a no name unit which has already had the control replaced(with a different type than the original).I measured the refrigerator and would like to know what I ask for when I go into the store.If they don't have an exact replacement will they be able to find something compatible?
This is the same brand and looks similar to my present control
http://www.grainger.com/product/6KXG5?cm_sp=HIO-_-HIDP-_-BTM_V2V&cm_vc=IDPBVZ12  .Thanks.

Answer
Jim,
   There 2 styles of thermostat typically in small  refrigeration units . The thermostats basically look the same but the way the sensing bulb/capillarity tube mounts in the unit determines which to buy. An air sensing thermostat style sensing bulb is mounted where it senses the ambient temperature of the conditioned space . The other style senses the evaporator coil temperature which is much colder than ambient temp. The sensing bulb/capillary tube of this style is inserted into the evaporator coil , because of this the temp range of the thermostat is much colder .
 Look at the side of the thermostat you removed - you should have a temp range listed 34 to 55 degree would be air sensing , 15 to 20 degree range would be a coil sensing thermostat. Hope this helps .
         http://www.airzero.com
         Marcus

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Marcus Cass