Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Air ducts flexible

Question
Duct
Duct  
I recently had my entire air duct and air handler( I think that's what it's called)  after  a couple of weeks I went up to the attic and notice one of the flexible ducts just going into attic floor , but the end I was looking at was not connected to anything!
Is this normal?

Answer
Eli,

Run your fan at your thermostat ,put fan from auto to ON then go up in attic, see if your sucking in attic air into your fan section somewhere, your suppose to have a sealed dedicated flex duct for your return, If your flex duct goes into your attic floor you would need to see approximately where your return grille is, also put your hand on the return grille ,you should feel air being sucked into the duct. The duct may just be a extra piece and it looks like the other end goes to the attic floor, try pulling on it to see if it actually hooked up or just a spare piece they forgot to remove

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe