Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Gas Furnace

I have the Dependable Ninety-two furnace & it's only blowing out cold air. Can you please help?

Hi Janee, Just a little more info is needed. See if you can find the model number on the furnace.It would be something like GMNT060-3.

First thing to do is remove the top cover on the furnace so you can see the burner section. Have some one at the thermostat turn it up a couple of degrees to start the furnace. Watch what happens. Here is what should happen:

1. Combustion blower should start. This is located in the burner section. Most of them will be black and round with a PVC pipe connected to it.
2. With in 30 sec the ignitor should glow. This is located close to the burners.
3. Gas valve will open and you should get flame.
4. The blower should start.

The most common failure is the flame sensor. This is located near the ignitor. If you get flame and then it goes out 10 to 20 seconds later, this is an indication of a dirty or bad flame sensor.

Let me know.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!