Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Old Model Trane Compressor

I am getting ready to sell my house and I do not want to spend $3000 to $5000 on an entire new system. The Compressor is shot on my old Trane Model BWD736A100B0. The young tech told me that the old Trane parts are impossible to find and that my old 3 ton Trane uses the old Freon that is also impossible to find and $200 per lb. Is there anywhere to find a compressor for my old Trane as well as the old Freon. I have spent a fortune repairing my house to put it on the market so I am looking to replace the compressor rather that my entire system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark S
Gainesville VA

How old is the condensing unit outside?  What is the model number? I may be able to find someone n your area at a better price once I find out what went wrong, what u need, etc.   I'm also in Florida so maybe I can facilitate your needs.

Shoot me your number so I can touch base.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Frank A.

I will be happy to answer any basic HVAC question by a homeowner, installer, or technician about their split-system maintenance, repair, and installation. I would not be willing to do extensive research into the particulars of a specific system, but any homeowner looking to get questions answered about why we contractors charge what we do, explanations of why a certain part is needed, how to improve indoor air quality and basic repair. I specialize in ELECTRIC HEAT and HEATPUMPS...NOT gas or oil. Although I may be able to answer the odd question about gas and oil, please do not ask me questions pertaining to them because I am not an expert in that aspect of the field.

I repaired my father's unit when I was 9, and always had an interest in the field. Became a helper at 16, and am now a certified contractor for residential systems in HVACR. So I have over 20 years experience in the field, and add about 7 more of just dabbling and study.

ACCA, Rheem Team, Trane Certified Contractors, Nordyne Distributors, a host of others.

HVAC Insider, A/C Experts, HVAC Contractor South Florida, mentioned as a reference in Trane Instructional Videos 2-5. My company was recognized in HVAC Insider in 2008, 2009, 2010, etc. I am personally mentioned in the articles pertaining to my awards.

EPA, Journeyman, Licensed contractor, NATE, Puron, Trane, Carrier, Rheem Team.

I won the ACCA technician award on the state-wide level 8 years running. This is the all-around A/C repair competition where most large companies each send their best guy to compete for the plaque. I am 12-for-17, rated as the #1 technician in Florida. I have the plaque to prove it. **I placed second in 2011, ending my 9 year run. But won it again in 2012, and the award should arrive in late January.

Tommy Lee Jones, Santana Moss, Wayne Brandy, Jennifer Lien, Patrick Stewart, Jason Taylor, Kirsten Dunst, Majel Barrett Roddenberry, Robert Picardo, Ethen Phillips, Ashley Judd, Debbie Gibson among others.