Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Ac not working

My ac system is acting strange. It seems to work sometimes then just stops . My thermostat goes blank but I changed the batteries and it still happens . Do you thing I need a new thermostat?  Thank you

Hello Davia,
         Sounds like something we see a lot . I would bet that your drain line is restricted . What happens is the unit will operate normally for a while - as condensate form and is suppose to drain outside it backs up and trips the safety condensate float switch - shutting the unit off . The float switch is wired through you control circuit and breaks voltage to your thermostat causing it to go blank . When the unit shuts off - water can drain and it resets. But - it could also be your thermostat has a poor connection or is loose on its sub base. Hope this helps.

http://www.airzero.com     Marcus

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Marcus Cass

I can answer question regarding small refrigeration units ,walk in cooler/freezer,commercial ice machines,exhaust hoods,supermarket rack systems,all residential air conditioning units and commercial air conditioning equipment. No appliance questions please

20 years plus experience in supermarket chains , restaurant refrigeration service , and residential and commercial air conditioning service. Florida class A air conditioning contractor. Currently own an air condition and refrigeration company.

Graduated trade school , hundreds of hours of manufacturer training as well as in house training over the years and best of all - hands on real world experience . Class A license holder in Florida