Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/How to best protect outside AC copper pipe from corrosion?

Question
I have a refrigerant (R410) line running about 3 feet from the outside compressor to a junction box.

Looking at other installed units, the lines are insulated with foam material, but nonetheless, the lines inside are corroded (copper becomes black/green).

Is it advisable to duct tape the lines directly (to avoid air contact), then put the foam material, then tie wraps?

looking to protect the lines from corrosion.

Answer
Marc,
    Very sorry for delay -experts system did not inform me of question pending . There is no harm taping the copper and then insulated . The change of color of the copper is oxidation from being exposed to the air . You can buy foam insulation ( try to get closed cell insulation ) at most hardware stores . Again sorry for the delay.

http://www.airzero.com     

Marcus  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Marcus Cass