Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/How to best protect outside AC copper pipe from corrosion?

I have a refrigerant (R410) line running about 3 feet from the outside compressor to a junction box.

Looking at other installed units, the lines are insulated with foam material, but nonetheless, the lines inside are corroded (copper becomes black/green).

Is it advisable to duct tape the lines directly (to avoid air contact), then put the foam material, then tie wraps?

looking to protect the lines from corrosion.

Very sorry for delay -experts system did not inform me of question pending . There is no harm taping the copper and then insulated . The change of color of the copper is oxidation from being exposed to the air . You can buy foam insulation ( try to get closed cell insulation ) at most hardware stores . Again sorry for the delay.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Marcus Cass

I can answer question regarding small refrigeration units ,walk in cooler/freezer,commercial ice machines,exhaust hoods,supermarket rack systems,all residential air conditioning units and commercial air conditioning equipment. No appliance questions please

20 years plus experience in supermarket chains , restaurant refrigeration service , and residential and commercial air conditioning service. Florida class A air conditioning contractor. Currently own an air condition and refrigeration company.

Graduated trade school , hundreds of hours of manufacturer training as well as in house training over the years and best of all - hands on real world experience . Class A license holder in Florida