Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/fan problem

I have a eb15b coleman furnace and a coleman ac unit. The fan will Come on ok when running the furnace but does not come on while running the ac. I have replaced the fan relay , but that did not work. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi Steve, I took a look at the wiring diagram for your unit. The fan in heat mode is started by the heat sequencer and in cooling mode it is started by the fan relay. So the problem is from the stat. Make sure the G terminal wire connection is tight. Also check G terminal in the stat.

If it looks ok, then turn the breaker off and remove the stat to expose the wires. Jumper RH, Y and G. This should start the A/C and fan. If it starts, then the stat is messed up.

Let me know what happens.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!