Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Heat pump problem Tampa

I just turned my heat pump over to cooling mode today and its blowing warm air!

I have a Nest thermostat that has worked fine for a couple of years, so I don't think that's the problem.

Last winter, some freezing rain got into the unit and now every time it starts up it makes a scraping noise, so that might have something to do with it. The heat, however, has worked fine.

I think it was installed in about 2001. I don't know what brand and I can't inspect it because it's on the roof.

I've been unemployed for over a year and cannot afford much for a repair. If you can hazard a guess at what's wrong, can you estimate what it would cost to fix?

My guess would be that its the condenser fan blade . It is the only moving part in the condensing unit that can make a scraping type noise . If your lucky you may be able to replace the fan blade only - if it runs for any length of time damage may occur to motor . Approximate cost to replace both varies quite a bit . I would say between $350 to $550.00.  Hope this helps

http://www.airzero.com    Marcus  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Marcus Cass

I can answer question regarding small refrigeration units ,walk in cooler/freezer,commercial ice machines,exhaust hoods,supermarket rack systems,all residential air conditioning units and commercial air conditioning equipment. No appliance questions please

20 years plus experience in supermarket chains , restaurant refrigeration service , and residential and commercial air conditioning service. Florida class A air conditioning contractor. Currently own an air condition and refrigeration company.

Graduated trade school , hundreds of hours of manufacturer training as well as in house training over the years and best of all - hands on real world experience . Class A license holder in Florida