Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/SEER Ratings

Question
I work for the State of Illinois, Office of Energy Assistance, Weatherization Program. My question is, can you tell me an "approximate" SEER rating of a 1987 model carrier central A/C system given only the year. I do not have any serial or model numbers only the estimation of approximately 1987 model year. Also if there is a website or list or easier way of determining the year of these units you could fill me in with it would be greatly appreciated. We deal with low income families and replacing a low SEER A/C unit with a 14 or higher SEER unit saves our clients a considerable amount of money. Sometimes it is difficult to read or even find the serial/model numbers. Thanks for any and all assistance.

Answer
Best bet is to directly contact Carrier Enterprises with your question.  Give them the model and serial numbers, let them tell you everything about it.  If I had to guess, it would be 10 seer or less.  

US/Canada Customer Service Carrier Customer Relations  
P.O. 4808, Carrier Parkway
Syracuse,  N.Y.  13221
United States
1.800.CARRIER (1.800.227.7437)

http://www.carrier.com/carrier/en/us/

(Carrier.com)

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Frank A.