Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Ac repair Tampa

Question
Marcus,
         Is it really worth getting a high seer ac unit . We got a few quotes and the prices seem outrageous for the systems that are rated with higher seer levels.

Answer
Joe,
    It depends, likely even the lowest seer level air conditioning system will be tremendously more efficient than your existing system if it is over 10 years old . As the seer level of the unit increases so does the price. A 16 seer unit seems to be the tipping point of efficiency vs cost of system and actual energy savings recouped over the years . If you have a newer home that has modern windows and is well insulated then the upper end units will be beneficial . If you have the average home in America I think it would be more beneficial to buy a lower seer unit - spend the extra money insulating your house and making sure you duct work is tight and correctly sized.Hope this helps
         http://www.airzero.com    Marcus

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Marcus Cass